Thursday 1 February 2018

Great Garden Birdwatch and Nymans

Took part in the The Big Garden Birdwatch on Sunday, seeing 56 birds of 11 species. I remember the first one I ever completed, while living in Eastbourne town centre, when I saw not a single bird. I still submitted this result, as zero readings are equally valid.

Four of the five Stock doves that visited the garden, easily the highlight of the birdwatch.





 This Grey Squirrel made a visit just after the count finished. Our neighbour's cat means this species is far less common in the garden than it was a few years ago.

Later in the day we visited Nymans at Handcross. Here I saw 16 species, with the highlight being 3 Mistle Thrushes.


 Robin

Flowering Witch Hazel.


 The speckles on this female Blackbird help explain why this species is in the Thrush family.

 A most obliging Dunnock.



Lichen growing on a fence showing three different growth patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment