Sunday 4 December 2016

Patch: Early Winter

The colder weather has meant the feeders in my garden have started to get busier. Recent regular visitors are Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin, Dunnock, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Wren and Magpie. There are occasional appearances from Goldcrest and Long-tailed Tit.




In Further Plantation, the wood is in Winter mode. A few of the yellow Sycamore leaves are still hanging on in the newer growth bordering the ancient woodland.


The Oyster Mushrooms growing on the dead Ash Tree are now brown and withered.


A quick walk around the wood produced all the species I mentioned from my garden, with the addition of Sparrowhawk and Buzzard. I think I have found a stand of Alder Buckthorn, but need to make more observations to confirm this.

No comments:

Post a Comment